This 140 bed student accommodation was completed in 2020. The building M&E value was approximately €1.8m.
Complying with NZEB requirements using natural ventilation, extractor fans and electrical heat emitters. The project underwent value engineering across both M&E systems. We ensured building regulations and standards were met, while ensuring quality was not affected. Detailed co-ordination was undertaken pre construction to minimise design queries and effects on construction.
Project was completed on time and within budget. High value engineering was undertaken to ensure client costs were minimal.
- Effect M&E design utilising minimal and non-technical systems ensuring a simplified and easily maintained building was achieved
- High efficiency gas fired cylinders provide hot water throughout the building
- Dedicated ESB substation and Switch room.
- Main distribution board with sub metered sub-distribution boards
- Electrical Heat emitters providing heating to the buildings occupants
- LED Lighting internal and externally
- A complex fire alarm system and cause and effect in compliance with I.S. 3218
- A standalone emergency lighting system in compliance with I.S. 3217
- Individual extract fans providing localised ventilation to each room
- High efficiency heat recovery ventilator providing ventilation to the common areas
- Gas fired hot water cylinders providing domestic hot water to each unit