Primark AFI Cotroceni in Bucharest, Romania was completed by Metec and opened to the public on 20th June 2023. This was both Metec’s and Primark’s second store in Romania over 2 floors comprising of :
- 34,400 sq. ft. of retail space,
- 11,499 sq. ft. of stock rooms, staff areas, ancillary spaces,
- In addition, there is 8,700 sq. ft. external roof top plant space.
- Time difference-Romania is 2 hours ahead of Ireland so a journey that started at approximately 11am in Dublin wasn’t completed until 10pm in Bucharest (when flights are not delayed).
- Internal plant space was limited, a solution here was to install the chilled water buffer vessel on the roof. (Most Primark stores are going fully electric with electric water heaters and electric radiators etc meaning future stores will have small mechanical plant rooms).
The store is Primark’s second store in Bucharest, a credit to the popularity of the first store opened last year.
- AHU’s and Chillers were approved early in the process to beat lead times.
- We ensure that all items the developer were responsible for were communicated and noted in the meeting minutes clearly to ensure they would rectify issues raised in accordance with the shell specification and to Primark’s Standards.
- Regular communication between Melsam and Metec to help overcome any miscommunications or differences in approach between Romanian norms and Primark standards.